Job Title: Social Media and Press Coordinator
Date Posted: March 11, 2019
Contact: Nada Al-Hanooti, Executive Director of Emgage Michigan at firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Emgage Foundation is a national civic education and engagement organization for Muslim Americans. We are seeking an experienced, mission-driven professional to lead the external communications program to effectively influence public debate, oversee contact with the press, craft digital advocacy campaigns, shape the organization’s public image, and manage the organization’s digital assets. This position will be based in Michigan, where Emgage Foundation has a registered chapter.
- Advancing the vision and values of Emgage Foundation across various communications channels;Supporting our organizing campaigns by amplifying grassroots voices and leveraging national, state, and regional media
- Working with the Executive Director of Emgage Michigan, and the communications staff of Emgage Foundation, to ensure consistent messaging, branding, and external output.
- Develop, manage and drive the organization’s media and messaging strategy, coordinated through various channels, with input from Michigan and national staff, and select board members.
- Advance the organization’s message, policies and ideas in traditional and social media.
- Utilize social media monitoring programs to track and manipulate trends.
- Generate the production of high quality, timely, and original social media and digital content.
- Guide the organization’s earned media strategy, including the creation and oversight of the execution of media plans.
- Consult with other departments on all external communications.
- Cultivate strong relationships with the media and bloggers, and ally organizations’ communications staff.
- Maintain best practices and operations for all digital platforms including websites,social media, mass email systems, and channels.
- Incorporate data-driven strategies to ensure a top-notch digital performance. This includes identifying and negotiating with vendor partners to implement emerging technologies.
- Drive subscribership and improve regular communications with existing pool of subscribers.
- Stay current on best practices, trends, and technologies related to content creation and communications.
- Develop clear, coordinated processes for the execution of communications products across the entire organization.
- Prepare Executive Director for meetings or interviews with the press, and work with the Executive Director to ensure quality of press-releases and comments made to the press.
- Experience leading a fast-paced and effective communications program for a civic organizing and/or advocacy organization, political or issue campaign.
- 2+ years working experience managing communications strategy development in a civic organizing or advocacy environment.
- Experience integrating communications with organizing and campaigns.
- Experience with developing/executing both digital and traditional media campaign plans.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and executing content and digital strategy for civic or political organizations.
- Strong leadership, quantitative analysis, and organizational skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral. A writing sample or a link to a publication may be requested.
- Excellent relationship-building skills with ability to influence others to move toward a common vision or goal.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Preferred Knowledge of legal constraints of 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) nonprofits.
- Unwavering commitment to social justice and experience with social change organizing.
Position is part time. Pay commensurate with experience offered. Future growth opportunities with the chapter also possible based on performance and availability.