SUMMARY OF POSITION
Emgage Foundation is a growing national civic education and engagement organization for Muslim Americans that is headquartered in Washington, D.C. with chapters in six states. We are seeking an experienced, mission-driven professional to lead our fundraising and development operations. The position reports to and works with the Chief Executive Officer and oversee all fundraising functions and events. He/She must be a strategic thinker and tactician, with the experience and ability to implement all aspects of a well-defined fundraising plan. He/she will also work in collaboration with the Communications and Marketing Directors, as well as other relevant Washington D.C.-based or state chapter personnel.
- Contribute to the development of, and implement, a strategic fundraising plan to ensure sustainable revenue.
- Identify, research, cultivate and successfully solicit annual, major, and planned gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Drive expansion of a medium and large gift programs and deepen the pipeline of donors and prospects.
- Maintain a portfolio of individual donors and prospects.
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitation.
- Coordinate and attend meetings with the CEO, Executive Directors, Board members, and current and prospective donors.
- Work closely with board members and state committees.
- Execute and/or provide overall management and oversight of annual and special anniversary fundraising events, including major national and state chapter galas.
- Plan stewardship events and engagement opportunities to cultivate prospective donors and engage current funders.
- Work with the Communications and Marketing teams on creating targeted communications, seasonal appeals, and outreach collateral.
- Work with the Communications and Marketing teams on creating digital fundraising communications.
- Represent Emgage as a brand ambassador at internal and external events.
- Oversee the development budget and monitor expenses.
- Prepare and present Development updates including donor and revenue analysis reports.
- Plan to build a development team overtime.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree and relevant certifications a plus.
- Minimum of five years of full time work experience in Development. Work in civic organizing or political space a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in grassroots organizing and political empowerment is desired.
- Proven track record of identifying, securing, and maintaining individual gifts, corporate sponsorships and foundations for an organization with a $1 million or above budget.
- Proven experience with overseeing and executive fundraising events that raise a minimum of $100K.
- Exceptional attention to detail and skilled at evaluating and utilizing donor quantitative and qualitative donor data.
- Proven experience and facility with donor database (Every Action a plus).
- Excellent communication skills including impeccable writing ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to maintain donor relationships.
- Demonstrated and highly values discretion, sound judgement and integrity.
- Ability to thrive and work collaboratively with small team.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit the following to Wa’el Alzayat via email, email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- 3 Professional references
Please write in the subject line, DEV POS, ‘Last name.’ i.e. DEV POS, Ahmed.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Emgage headquarters is located in the heart of Washington, D.C. In addition to a unique and dynamic work environment, Emgage offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including health benefits, vacation and leave time, a 401(k) plan, and flexible work options. Emgage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.