SUMMARY OF POSITION
Emgage Foundation is a national civic education and engagement organization for Muslim Americans that is headquartered in Washington, D.C. with chapters in six states. We are seeking an experienced, mission-driven professional to expand and lead the marketing operations for our organization. Primary goals are to effectively market the organization’s achievements, craft print and digital advocacy campaigns, shape and grow the organization’s brand, and manage the organization’s digital assets.
- Digital Content Development and Marketing (30%)
- Creative Project Management (25%)
- Communications Strategy (20%)
- Audience Engagement/Audience Growth (20%)
- Review and further develop our marketing & communications strategies.
- Develop specific campaigns to create and maintain high levels of user interaction.
- Develop, manage and drive the organization’s messaging strategy, coordinated through various channels, with input from Staff and select Board members.
- Manage all digital marketing channels (e.g. website, blogs, emails and social media) to ensure brand consistency.
- Lead the redevelopment and management of our websites.
- Maintain best practices and operations for all digital platforms including websites and social media, mass email systems, channels. Incorporate data-driven strategies to ensure a top-notch digital performance. Identify and negotiate with vendor partners to implement emerging technologies.
- Utilize social media monitoring programs to track and manipulate trends.
- Generate the production of high quality, timely, original marketing content.
- Drive subscribership and regular communications with existing pool of subscribers.
- Develop clear, coordinated processes for the execution of communications products across the entire organization.
- Promote our organization and programs at Emgage events and convenings by other organizations in our space.
- Coordinate the design of promotional material and distribute in online and offline channels
- Manage the production of monthly newsletter and similar products.
- Track ROI for marketing campaigns and gather feedback.
- Develop and maintain a marketing communications budget.
- Experience leading a fast-paced and effective communications program for a civic organizing and/or advocacy organization, political or issue campaign.
- 5+ years working experience managing communications strategy development in a civic organizing or advocacy environment.
- Experience integrating communications with organizing and campaigns. Experience with developing/executing both digital and traditional media campaign plans.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and executing content and digital strategy for civic or political organizations.
- Graphic design and web development skills experience, or deep understanding of both, a must.
- Strong leadership, quantitative analysis and organizational skills.
- Project management experience.
- Exceptional written content creation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work with diverse people and organizations.
- Excellent relationship-building skills with ability to influence others to move toward a common vision or goal.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Knowledge of and difference between 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) nonprofits.
- Unwavering commitment to social justice and experience with social change organizing.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit the following to Wa’el Alzayat via email, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- 3 Professional references
Please write in the subject line, MKT POS, ‘Last name.’ i.e. MKT POS, Ahmed.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Emgage headquarters is located in the heart of Washington, D.C. In addition to a unique and dynamic work environment, Emgage offers its employees competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience and industry standards, comprehensive benefits package, including health benefits, vacation and leave time, a 401(k) plan, and flexible work options. Emgage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.