October 3, 2018
Emgage New York Executive Director
Job Title: Executive Director
Location: New York City
Emgage Action is the American Muslim community’s first candidate and issue advocacy organization. We seek to mobilize American Muslims to advocate for candidates, legislation and policies that define what we stand for. Emgage Action is seeking to hire an Executive Director in New York City to manage the New York chapter. Responsibilities for the Executive Director include:
- Identify top legislative issues for the state and develop a strategy to achieve impact.
- Build relationships with key civic and religious community leaders, coalition partners, and elected officials from both parties at the local and state level.
- Design and implement voter education and mobilization activities on an ongoing basis, including town halls, candidate forums, and webinars.
- Ensure Emgage is conducting at least 2 civics trainings per month at religious and/or cultural centers.
- Execute a robust GOTV program including phone banking, voter registration, candidate forums and early voting (if applicable).
- Work with CEO on metrics for voter registration and canvassing.
- Ensure that your state has a database of at least 25 active volunteers who can be engaged to support activities at various times.
- Build your state’s email distribution list.
- Build C4 membership in your state.
- Provide fresh content on a regular basis to the national communications team to amplify across all national media platforms. This includes weekly updates for national newsletter.
- Work with your state committee (board) to develop an annual operating budget.
- Work with your committee and CEO to develop and implement a fundraising strategy.
- Develop a C4/PAC strategy with your state committee and CEO, including identifying key races to focus on.
- Commensurate with experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Minimum 3 – 5 years’ management and project management experience.
- Experience planning and executing successful individual donor cultivation and retention events.
- Knowledge of high net worth community via local business, civic, and cultural networks highly desired.
- Ability to simultaneously manage short-term and long-term plans and goals.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, changing environment.
- Exhibit strong desire to work with diverse group of individuals. Must be able to liaison with religious and cultural organizations within MASA communities.
- Demonstrate excellent written, public speaking, and organizational skills; high level of attention to detail a must.
- Outstanding leadership and management skills overseeing a complex enterprise at a high level of responsibility.
- Ability and experience working in an entrepreneurial and dynamic organization. Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Capacity to both effectively manage the Chapter to success in its current state, and to lead future growth and success.
- High level of organizational and political sophistication, especially as it relates to connecting programs to funding, creatively generating other resources, and building collaborative and strategic partnerships.
- Proven skills and experience in fundraising and/or sales; a “closer”; with the ability to meet revenue goals.
- Preference for candidates with political campaign or grassroots organizing experience
- Outstanding relationship management skills; ability to build relationships with senior level stakeholders.
- Commitment to excellence and our mission.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports directly to the CEO and Chairperson of the State Committee.
SALARY: Competitive based on experience.
APPLICATION: To apply, please send a resume with cover letter and a writing sample to email@example.com.