Urge US Senator Nelson to Support Sen. Cortez-Masto's Bill
As you know, on January 25, 2017, President Trump issued an executive order that effectively declares open season on all undocumented immigrants, their families and communities. Last Friday, as part of nationwide enforcement actions, ICE apprehended Daniel Ramirez Medina, a young Dreamer who has been living in the United States since he was seven years-old and was granted DACA. Since then he has been detained in Tacoma, Washington. The January 25 Executive Order “Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States” will create a massive deportation force that will terrorize families and children and make communities less safe.
Senator Cortez-Masto (D-NV) is introducing a bill that rescinds the executive order. AILA National has reached out to several Senators including Sen. Nelson asking them to support Sen. Cortez-Masto’s bill. We encourage you to call and email your Senators’ state office and ask them to join the bill. Sen. Cortez-Masto had set a deadline for original co-sponsors for February 15. It’s still worth contacting your Senator as Sen. Cortez-Masto is likely to continue to accept sponsors. Thank you!
Take Action: Urge your Senator to Support Sen. Cortez-Masto’s Bill to Rescind President Trump’s Interior Enforcement Executive Order
- Call Sen. Nelson’s state office: 407-872-7161or reach out to your contact(s) in this office.
- Ask them to support Sen. Cortez-Masto’s bill
- Sample Script:
- I am concerned that President Trump’s January 25 executive order on interior enforcement, entitled “Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States,” will result in massive deportations of members of our communities and will harm our nation rather than make it safer.
- I urge Sen. Nelson to hold the administration accountable and support Senator Masto-Cortez’s bill that would rescind the January 25, 2017 executive order.
- Sign United We Dream’s online petition urging DHS Secretary John Kelly to release Daniel Ramirez Medina.